Here’s me in a nutshell; a partially cracked one I might add:
1. I’m obsessed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer (the Joss Whedon show, not the original 80s movie although this is hilariously campy).
2. I write YA and NA horror and dark contemporary.
3. Stephen King is my idol.
4. I teach 8th grade language arts. Guess middle school is my purgatory and I’m a masochist, but I love working with teens!
5. I love to read. Obsessively so. I have a problem with buying books and having a physical TBR pile so large, I can’t figure out who to read them all.
6. I curse like a sailor. Not in front of my students, but if you’re an adult and know me well–look out!
7. Have an old tattoo and working on figuring out just where and when I will get the next one. It will be epic.
8. I’m not afraid to break away from the norm. In fact this is where I’m most like my teen self. Normal is just not my style.
9. Just started a collection of skull scarves. Yes, you heard correctly. They’re cool.
10. Create a soundtrack for everything I write.
My New Assistant Sera