My Writing Process Bloghop
I was tagged by Jennifer Brinkmeyer to participate in My Writing Process Bloghop. It’s a great way to learn a little about fellow writers, so I’m happy to blog about my writing process.
1. What am I working on?
I’m currently seeking representation for my NA Psychological Horror called THE BLEEDING HEART.
I’m also working on a new NA Horror, which is loosely based on the classic story Jekyll and Hyde.
Scarred and out of control, 18yo Brooklyn seeks revenge with her tattoo needles. When Daniel comes along and shows her that love is a more fulfilling obsession, Brooklyn fights to save her sanity and herself.
I’m a monster—a dangerous one. Not the kind that will break into your house to steal prized possessions or shoot you dead on the street, but dangerous nonetheless. I try to ignore the pointed looks as I walk to the store. I know how they see me and what they think. It’s the same every time.
2. How does my work differ from others in the genre?
Well…there isn’t much in the way of any type of horror in New Adult.
3. Why do I write what I do?
My sister continuously asks me what the heck happened to me when I was a child to make me write what I do. I always giggle at this, but the real answer is–nothing. I just have deep and dark voices in my head, begging to tell these stories. I do have some romance swirling around in there too, but it doesn’t come natural to me.
4. How does my writing process work?
It’s different with each story I write, but here’s the gist of my writing process.
1. I am a panster.
2. I do NOT outline. I just can’t do it!
3. I write out of order.
With my latest WIP, I am writing in longhand. Yes, as crazy as it sounds I am writing this story in cursive. And in pencil. I don’t have any idea what made me do this, but it has made me more thoughtful of my characters. The pain of my main character is coming through clearer. It’s very time consuming. I’m hoping that this method translates onto the typed page.
Come On Tour With Me!
To participate, write a blog post next week and…
- Acknowledge the person and the site who invited you into the tour (that’d be me and you’d link back to this post).
- Label your post as part of the My Writing Process Blog Tour.
- Answer these same four questions about your writing process in the post.
- Nominate and link to up to three people to participate who would then post their answers the week after yours.
- Let me know in the comments if you’re going to participate, so I can add your link to this post.
Week of 6/9, Tour
- Valia Lind– My wonderful CP. Can’t wait to hear about her writing process, especially since she’s working through edits.
- Tracy Goeke– Another CP, who I absolutely adore! She has been such a great help with a story I’ve worked around forever. Tracy is also working through edits.
- Jolene Haley– This chick is FABULOUS! She’s the founder of The Midnight Society and she writes horror. Can’t wait to get my hands on some of her stories!