Pimp My Bio: #PitchWars
It’s #PitchWars time!
Choosing four mentors to send an application to was ridiculously difficult, since they are all like freaking super heros! And can I just say that Brenda Drake is a NINJA!
Seeing on Twitter that writers are posting their bios, I thought it would be fun to come up with something little for potential mentors to read about little ol’ me.
1. I’m an 8th grade language arts teacher- Writing aside, I love teaching 13 and 14 year olds! I mean what greater joy could there be than getting kids excited about reading and writing? Plus, it helps that I still at age___ haven’t yet grown up. (You didn’t really think I’d reveal my age, did you?)
2. I caught the writing bug after hearing a Kelly Clarkson song. Weird right? Well, I could see this scene in my head so vividly I just had to write it down. This story never went anywhere, but right now I’m using parts in my latest WIP.
3. I swear like a sailor. I hold it inside around kids (mostly), but if you get to know me well, I’m sure my filter will disappear.
4. Stephen King is my hero. I mean, the man is insane but so smart and talented! Ditto for The-All-Mighty-Powerful Joss Whedon!
5. I have a tattoo that I will add to when I sign with an agent. That will be my celebratory gift to myself. It’s super old and I paid $15 to get it done in the basement of this guy when I was in college. Might I mention that when I was a teen I pierced my own ear 2x?
6. Getting my first agent is a dream and of course I want to sell my novel, but it’s not why I write. There is just something inside that’s been begging to be let out for years and I’ve finally been able to give it a voice. Kinda like an alien that has incubated long enough and is ready to hatch. Now there are visions of a drooling alien standing in front of Sigourney Weaver dancing around my head.
7. I think I’m a closet geek. Buffy the Vampire Slayer is my hero and I’m really invested in the show Arrow, so much so that my daughter and I have begun buying The Black Canary comic books. Shhhhh!
8. I am a huge baseball fan. YANKEES ALL THE WAY! I yell at the TV during a game more than the guys in my family (and I have a huge family).
9. After reading my novel, the question most asked is: What is wrong with you? AND Did something terrible happen to you that I don’t know about? Swear it’s nothing like that. I just like the creepy and dark.
10. Honestly, I’m ready to work more on my story and I’m looking for a mentor who’ll push me to make my writing better. Seriously, I can take it:)
Don’t forget there are others out there posting, so check out the other links here: http://dcmorin.blogspot.com/2013/12/pitchwars-mentee-contender-bio-blog-hop.html?showComment=1386031494274#c7956056573365439527