EMBER TEEN Blog Tour
“Our fires burn brightly for our readers and as a way to say thanks to our readers we’ve launched our latest division of Entangled Teen and it’s name is Ember. We have two exciting launch titles: Darker Days by Jus Accardo and Chaos by Christine O’Neil. Read away!” Entangled Teen Ember is a division of Entangled Teen that specializes in digital-first YAs
Chaos by Christine O’Neil
Darker Days by Jus Accardo
My name is Maggie Raynard. After sixteen years being just plain me, suddenly, when I lose my temper, my fingers become weapons of mass destruction. Turns out I’m a semi-god, descended from Aphrodite. Sounds cool in theory, but when I accidentally put my ex-boyfriend in a coma, things go downhill pretty fast.
Now some new guy named Mac Finnegan has made it his mission in life to continually piss me off. I’m stuck learning how to use my new powers while also dealing with regular high school problems, and with this annoying and super-hot—guy all
up in my business, I’m about to flip out.
But it gets worse. I just learned there’s this watchdog council of semis who keep an eye out for any bad apples. They think I’m the baddest one in the bunch and want to take me out before I do any more damage. My nemesis Mac might turn out to be my salvation, only he’s got secrets of his own…and they may just kill us both.
A little sin can be deadly…
Jessie Darker goes to high school during the day, but at night she helps with the family investigation business.
Cheating husbands and stolen inheritances? They’re your girls—but their specialty is a bit darker. Zombie in your garage? Pesky Poltergeist living in your pool? They’ll have the problem solved in a magical minute. For a nominal fee, of course…
When gorgeous new client, Lukas Scott, saunters into the office requesting their help to find a stolen box, it sounds like a simple case—until the truth comes out. The box is full of Sin.
Seven deadly ones, in fact.
They’ve got five days to recapture the Sins before they’re recalled by the box, taking seven hijacked human bodies with them. Easy peasy—except for one thing…
There’s a spell that will allow the Sins to remain free, causing chaos forever. When the key ingredient threatens the life of someone she knows, Jessie must make the ultimate choice between love and family—or lose everything.
My top favorite books/series (in no particular order!)
1. The Cal Leandros series by Rob Thurman – Snarky, fun, and some serious bad-ass. Rob Thurman is my world building hero.
2. Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent – All I’m gonna say is, I was team Tod from the start 😉
3. The Heavenly Horse from the Outermost West by Mary Stanton – I read this when I was a kid and reread it at least once a year. Fantasy and talking horses? Yes, please.
4. The Mediator series by Meg Cabot – A sassy girl and her ghost. What more could you possibly want?
5. The Shade series by Jeri Smith-Ready – Pure awesome. If you haven’t picked these up, run, don’t walk!
6. Women of the Otherworld series by Kelly Armstrong – My favorite fictional couple of all time, Clay and Elena, are from the series.
7. Strange Angles series by Lili St. Crow – Awesome world building and kick ass characters!
8. The Harry Potter series by JK Rowling – Does this even need an explanation?
9. The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton – I grew up reading S.E. Hinton. Every once in awhile, I’ll take a day and just sit down and read all her books again, because yeah, they’re that epic J
10 The Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs – The character development in these books is some of my favorite ever.
About the Authors
Christine O’Neil was born and raised in Connecticut, where she spent most of her childhood outdoors catching salamanders, frogs and colds. When she wasn’t terrorizing Mother Nature, she was curled up under the covers with her nose in a book. As an adult, she’s stopped stalking amphibians, but still loves books. When she isn’t reading, she likes to spend her time people-watching. In fact, she’s probably watching you RIGHT NOW O_O She’s also pretty obsessed with writing YA books, but if she had to pick another profession she would be a ninja…or a Professor of the Dark Arts. Christine also writes adult romance under the pen name Christine Bell.
JUS ACCARDO spent her childhood reading and learning to cook. Determined to follow in her grandfather’s footsteps as a chef, she applied and was accepted to the Culinary Institute of America. At the last minute, she realized her path lay with fiction, not food, and passed on the spot to pursue writing. Jus is the bestselling author the popular Denazen series from Entangled publishing. A native New Yorker, she lives in the middle of nowhere with her husband, three dogs, and sometimes guard bear, Oswald.
Come on and check out some awesome prizes!!!!
Posted on August 21, 2013, in Book Tour, Ember Teen, Guest Post and tagged Christine O'Neil, Investigation, Jus Accardo, Powers, Seven Deadly Sins, Spells, Weapons of Mass Destruction. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.